Lisa Shouldice MA, RP, CCP, Psychotherapist
I use emotion and solution-focused techniques to help you meet your goals. This means we will talk about feelings and explore them in order to help you experience, identify and regulate emotions, to better guide you in your relationships and decision-making. I will also offer advice and expertise on healthy relationships, boundaries, assertiveness and other issues you may be struggling with. We can figure out what your personal triggers are and how they impact your life, so you can move forward in a good way and feel at peace. We will explore your concerns together in a safe, open dialogue in which you feel cared for. I also use emotional exploration, visualizations, Gestalt, Sandtray and other creative/therapeutic techniques in sessions when deemed appropriate. I occasionally use thought records and other exercises from the Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy approach.
- Trauma Therapy and related concerns from a past history of sexual, physical and emotional/psychological abuse
- Post traumatic stress symptoms (PTSD)
- Personality Disorders and related mental health struggles
- Sandtray/Play Therapy
- Lesbian Gay LGBTQ Couple/Marriage and Family Counselling
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender & Two-Spirit LGBTQ Therapy
- Multi-cultural Therapy, specifically Aboriginal and Middle Eastern cultures
People choose to work with me because I am a loving, caring and honest person that loves my job, and feel honoured to hold and create space for you. Everyone has a story and I would love to hear yours. I have a passion for personal relationships and I will be there every step of the way. It is important to me that you get high quality service and feel in control of your healing and therapeutic sessions. I am open to anything you need to say and we will chat along the way to make sure your goals are being met.